[SciPy-User] Request for usage examples on scipy.stats.rv_continuous and scipy.ndimage.grey_dilate(structure)

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:51:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:47, Christoph Deil
<Deil.Christoph at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Multidimensional correlated parameter distributions like pdf(x,y) = x*y cannot be implemented using rv_continuous, right?

Correct; rv_continuous does not handle multidimensional distributions.

> If yes, is there a python module to work with correlated multidimensional pdfs?

I don't think there are any frameworks out there along the lines of
rv_continuous. There is code for sampling certain multivariate
distributions in numpy.random. If you need to sample from an arbitrary
multidimensional distribution, you will need to look at PyMC for doing
Markov-chain Monte Carlo.

  http://code.google.com/p/pymc/

--
Robert Kern