[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Mon Mar 15 14:26:30 EDT 2010

A Monday 15 March 2010 18:50:30 Christopher Barker escrigué:
> > If we're going to pull in a new C library for this purpose, then maybe
> > we should just use libhdf5? :-).
>
> except that hdf is one big honking pain in the butt to build.

I wouldn't say that HDF5 it is very difficult to build/install.  In fact, it
is a matter of "./configure; make install" --and that only if there is not a
binary package available for your SO, which is usually the case.  It is just
that it is another dependency to add to numpy/scipy ...and a *big* one.

--
Francesc Alted