[SciPy-User] Potential KDTree memory leak

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 11:03:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Pierre Lamon
<pierre.lamon at bluebotics.com>wrote:

> On 2010-03-11 16:50, Robert Kern wrote:
> > With recent SVN versions of numpy and scipy, I do not see a leak.
> >
> I've tested with compiled sources of numpy 1.3.0 and scipy 0.7.3 and
> there is the leak (test done under linux).

Scipy 0.7.3, that's impressive:) 0.7.2 RC1 should be coming soon.

> On the other hand there is no leak with the SVN version of
> numpy and scipy. I'm glad
> the bug has been fixed. Any idea when the new release will be available ?

The new release of scipy trunk (0.8.0)? Probably you have to be a bit
patient there. The plan is ATM: first scipy 0.7.2, then numpy 1.4.1, then
numpy 2.0, and only then scipy 0.8.0.

Cheers,
Ralf