[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 09:20:17 EDT 2010

On 03/15/2010 05:32 AM, Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 12 March 2010 18:45, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com
> <mailto:bsouthey at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jose, what do Python version are you using and does the ' normal
>     zip utility present on the system' actually support zip64?
>     You should try seeing if 7z sees it.
>

> I'm using python 2.5 on x86_64. The file is not recognised by either
> the local zip ( 2.31), or  7za (v 4.61). The latter lists the files
> and reports "Unsupported method".
>
> It appears from this that the pytables/hdf route may be the most
> promising for me.
>
> Thanks!

Hi,
Good, then you should try the patch for Ticket 991 :
http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/991.

Note that Python 2.6 documentation says:
"It can handle ZIP files that use the ZIP64 extensions (that is ZIP
files that are more than 4 GByte in size). "

This is better than the Python 2.5.2 documentation. So can you try
Python 2.6 ?

It would be great to resolve your numpy issue especially for other users
- at least to say whether or not the patch or a new Python solves it.

Bruce