[SciPy-User] OT: advice on modelling a time series

PHobson at Geosyntec.com PHobson at Geosyntec.com
Fri Mar 12 13:32:07 EST 2010

I don't know about rpy (classic), but in rpy2, you can  input any R expression as a string.

import rpy2.robjects as ro
R = ro.r

[code that defines x and y in python]

# set the variables up in the R environment
R.globalEnv['xR'] = x # needs to be a list?
R.globalEnv['yR'] = y

Fit = R("some pure R expression using xR and yR")

Probably won't be all that fast, but it'll work.

-paul h.