[SciPy-User] Compiling scipy.sparse.sparsetools extension throws g++ internal error

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:36:11 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Diederik van Liere <dvanliere at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a follow up to the problem I had yesterday with the GCC compiler, I have
> circumvented that by temporarily disabling the sparse module but now I am
> running into the following import error:
>
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so:
> undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

You should use nm to check for the symbol in your ATLAS libraries to
see if it's really missing or if numpy just can't find it.

Try

  nm -A  /usr/local/atlas/lib/lib*.so | grep clapack_sgesv

or just

  nm liblapack.so | grep clapack_sgesv

On my machine, this produces

     liblapack.so:000aff88 T clapack_sgesv

The "T"  symbol means it's defined.

If the symbol is defined in your ATLAS libraries, then you should post
your site.cfg from numpy.

If it isn't defined, then you need to rebuild the ATLAS libraries.

--
      Enjoy global warming while it lasts.