[SciPy-User] Easy to make ufuncs from scalar Fortran function?

Johan Grönqvist johan.gronqvist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:02:28 EST 2010

John Salvatier skrev:
> Can anyone tell me if it is very difficult to make a numpy ufunc given a
> scalar function written in Fortran? I have read part of
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/c-info.beyond-basics.html on
> creating ufuncs, is there anything else I should read?

I have never created ufuncs, but as the docs you point to seem very
c-oriented, I just wanted to make sure you know that calling fortran
from c is not too complicated (at least with gnu compilers).

If I would try, I would first wrap the fortran code in c, and then look
at how to create ufuncs from c-code, but I have no idea how to do the
second part.

A page that seems rather informative and that was suggested by a google
search on mixing c and fortran is
<http://www.cae.tntech.edu/help/programming/mixed_languages>.

I hope it helps a bit, although it does not answer your question.

/ johan