[SciPy-User] Using Pyinstaller or cx_freeze with scipy

Craig craig.howard at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 16:17:34 EST 2010

Hello:

I was attempting to use cx_freeze to create a stand-alone application
that uses scipy, but ran into a problem. When I attempt to run the
frozen application, I get the error:
scipy\interpolate\polyint.py
Cannot import name factorial

I looked at the scipy package and the factorial function is in
scipy.misc.common.py but the file scipy.interpolate.polyint.py has the
line:
from scipy import factorial

So the polyint script is looking for the factorial function in some
other place than its actual physical location. I guess scipy somehow
inserts the factorial function in the correct namespace so that it
runs correctly. Is there a way to get scipy and cx_freeze to get
along? Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Craig Howard