[SciPy-User] numpy , scipy : test skipped on osx

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 19:17:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Massimo Di Stefano
> <massimodisasha at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I installed numpy / scipy from svn
>>
>> i used :
>>
>> python setup.py build
>> sudo python setup.py install
>>
>> i'm using a python 2.6.5 installed from source in
>>
>> i had the same problem some month ago
>> (using the system python that comes with osx)
>> someone helped me on scipy irc channel
>> but i forghet what we did to fix the "skipped test" problem.
>
> The problem seems to be the set executable bit on tests - remove it
> for the tests scripts. Now, I have no idea why they are set executable
> in the first place.

This comes from setuptools according to Robert.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/11653/focus=11670

I was under the impression that the numpy install process actually
changes them to be not executable somewhere along the way, so that it
looks like a borked install (?).

Skipper