[SciPy-User] Off by one bug in Scipy.stats.hypergeom

alex argriffi at ncsu.edu
Sat Jul 31 21:02:03 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Jacob Biesinger
<jake.biesinger at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Perhaps I'm using the module incorrectly, but it looks like the x parameter
> in scipy.stats.hypergeom is off by one.  Specifically, I think it's
> one-too-high.
>
> From the wikipedia article
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypergeometric_distribution#Application_and_example (I
> know they could be wrong-- just hear me out on this),

I often see slight parameterization differences for stats packages and I
never assume they are the same as each other or even as their documentation
until I test some examples myself.  So unless this behavior doesn't match
the scipy docs then it probably doesn't count as a bug.

Alex