[SciPy-User] Quick question about selecting periodical data with scikits.timeseries

Paweł Rumian gorkypl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:16:17 EST 2010

> the easiest is to use the .convert method described here:
> http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/generated/scikits.timeseries.TimeSeries.convert.html

I don't know how could I miss it - while already using ts.convert and
np.ma.mean to convert hourly data to daily averages, I totally
overlooked the fact that this method doesn't have to use any
interpolation.

> let me know if it helps or if you have more specific questions.

Of course it works perfect, and so up till now this package has
everything I need - you've done a great job.

Anyway, one more question - is there any convenient method to plot
such converted data? If I use simple tsplot, the dates are aligned
horizontally, which is not what I want. Now I'm viewing them with
something like:
for row in converted_data: plot row
but I wonder if there is a more 'proper' way of handling this.

greetings,
Paweł