[SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries or matplotlib plotting problem?

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina at twdb.state.tx.us
Thu Jan 14 09:02:16 EST 2010

I've had this problem before. From the email exchange I had on this
list about a year ago, I basically worked out that any symbols work fine
ie: dot,circle, diamond etc. When you use line types like '-' or '--'
and have missing or masked data  in the timeseries the plotting
functions don't know what to do and just fail. From what I undesrtand
this is a matplotlib issue and a work around is to compress the array to
remove the missing values before plotting. See:

http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Still-having-plotting-issue-with-latest%09svnscikits.timeseries-ts20941722.html#a20944512

- dharhas

>>> Pawe* Rumian <gorkypl at gmail.com> 1/14/2010 2:15 AM >>>
> Cool ! You can also check scikits.hydroclimpy, a set of extensions
> scikits.timeseries with focus on climate analysis.

I'm reading the docs right now - seems that I've reinvented the wheel
sometimes...
The good side is that I've started two weeks ago, so I didn't manage
to waste too much time.

> Might be a bug recently introduced. Let me check and get back to
you.

After more testing it seems to me more like a bug in matplotlib.
It occurs only when plotting lines, using '-' or '--'. When I changed
marks to '.', it worked.

> Lemme know if you need more help or if the doc is lacking on some
aspects.

I will be playing with this stuff for at least a year, so I probably
will :)

Anyway - great job!

greetings,
Pawe* Rumian