[SciPy-User] is it worth working on ndimage documentation?

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:25:41 EST 2010

Hi Emmanuelle,

I think it certainly does. If scikits.image does ever supersede
ndimage (and I don't think it will - scikits.image is mainly focused
on 2D images whereas I think ndimage is used for lots of 3D and 4D
voxel images too?), it will likely take on functions from ndimage as
well... in fact I think there is a ticket somewhere that contains
parts of ndimage rewritten in Cython by the CellProfiler people (I
don't have time to dig through my email to find it).

Needless to say I think there is enough current use of ndimage that
it's not going anywhere any time soon.

David