[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Maximum entropy distribution for Ising model - setup?

Kilian Koepsell koepsell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:02:53 EST 2010

Jordi,

> On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Jordi Molins Coronado wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I am new to this forum. I am looking for a numerical
>> solution to the inverse problem of an Ising model (or a model not-
>> unlike the Ising model, see below). I have seen an old discussion,
>> but very interesting, about this subject on this forum (http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2006-October/009703.html
>> ).

You might want to check out a recent method developed in our group,
called "Minimum Probability Flow Learning" that allows very fast
parameter
estimation of basically any distribution -- including the Ising model.
A 100 unit ising model can be fitted within about 1 minute (see Fig. 3).
The paper is here: http://arxiv.org/abs/0906.4779

Kilian

--
Kilian Koepsell, PhD
Redwood Center for Theoretical Neuroscience