[SciPy-User] frequency components of a signal buried in a noisy time domain signal

Ivo Maljevic ivo.maljevic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:32:31 EST 2010

Thanks Robert. I figured that after I sent the question, but I am not sure
if the search based solution offers any advantage in terms of speed.
Besides, and not that it matters really, but that solution restricts the
usage to max 2**32 integer result on 32 bit machines, whereas log based one
doesn't:

>>> def nextpow2(n):
...   return 2**(np.ceil(np.log2(n)))
>>> np.iinfo(np.intp).bits