[SciPy-User] How to fit data with errorbars

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:06:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jeremy Conlin <jlconlin at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> After reading into curve fitting, I realize I know next to nothing
> about how this is done.  Can anyone recommend a good book or some sort
> of reference to describe curve fitting in general?  I need to
> investigate this further.

What is your background?  I find examples that are in terms of things
I am intuitively familiar with to be much more helpful, though as you
learn more this becomes less important.

I found this to be a decent general intro (if you can find it):
Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis by Montgomery and Peck

Though, I haven't looked through much else along these lines.  Maybe
others have ideas.

Undergrad/ Masters level texts for econometrics are usually

Stock and Watson's Introduction to Econometrics
or
Wooldridge's Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach

I prefer the latter but just my opinion.

Skipper