[SciPy-User] [ANN] pyfftw-0.2 released

Jochen Schroeder cycomanic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:27:11 EST 2010

On 02/15/10 19:46, David Cournapeau wrote:
> Sebastian Haase wrote:
>

> > Has this changed from FFTW2 to FFTW3 ?
> > It would really limit the use of plans, and make overall FFTs much
> > slower. In my specific case I very often have 512x512 single-precision
> > real arrays (images), that I would do ffts over and over again. But
> > the pointers would change ....
>
> You can, but you need to use the advanced plan API, or use the recently
> added new-array execute function:
>
> http://www.fftw.org/fftw3_doc/New_002darray-Execute-Functions.html#New_002darray-Execute-Functions

Ah I didn't see that yet. Well there's also the guru_execute_dft function which
pyfftw supports. So if you created a plan for an in and out array, you can use
Plan.execute_guru_dft(in2, out2), provided that in2 and out2 are the same type
and size and have the same alignment as in and out.

Cheers
Jochen