[SciPy-User] Splines in scipy.signal vs scipy.interpolation

Fabrice Silva silva at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Feb 10 13:24:52 EST 2010

Le mercredi 10 février 2010 à 08:27 -0800, denis a écrit :
> An interactive applet combining C-R, Bspline, and knots would be nice:
> anyone ?
> For fun, look at the applets in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezier_curve
> also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezier_spline for control points.

For my own needs, I just ended a (smoothing) parametric Bspline class
that, through a matplotlib gui, let you :
- fitting a Bspline with the standard value of s=N-2sqrt(N) where N is
the number of sample of the data (measured in my case)
- change the value of the fitting parameter s
- modify manually the position of the knots and control points.

I'll post it in the next few days, after cleaning it.

Imho (and mainly in what I have read from Dierckx), the knots are the
values of the 1-D parameter and the control points may be N-D (so your
second option)