[SciPy-User] Bottleneck

Keith Goodman kwgoodman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:09:10 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM, T J <tjhnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I bumped the Bottleneck requirements from "NumPy, SciPy" to "NumPy
>> 1.5.1+, SciPy 0.8.0+". I think that is fair to do for a brand new
>> project.
>
> If SciPy is only used in the benchmarks/tests, then why not make it an
> optional benchmark/test that runs only if SciPy is present?
> nose.SkipTest should be useful here.  I frequently run software on
> machines that only have NumPy installed.

Seems like a strange discussion to have on the scipy list :)

I don't want to have a hole in my unit test coverage. But I could copy
over the nan functions in scipy stats. And I guess the benchmark could
use those too. And then skip moving window benchmarks against
scipy.ndimage for those who don't have scipy installed.