[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP, the interactive Editor for Python

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:46:49 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Christian Prinoth
<christian at prinoth.name> wrote:
> FYI, in my experience QScintilla has problems on OSX, graphical glitches and
> various artifacts. I am looking forward to your experience.
> Christian
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 18:09, Almar Klein <almar.klein at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We run a developer network with a number of different platforms
>>> available (including OS X 10.5 and 10.6).  I could probably get you an
>>> account there.  Desktop/graphical access is via VNC, AFAIK.
>>
>> Wow, thanks for the offer. I'll first ask a friend who owns a Mac if he
>> can help me out though. I get back to you if I still need your suggestion :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Almar

unfortunately it doesn't seem to like my matplotlib setup with Tkinter
backend on WindowsXP. The file runs without problems in IDLE. Are
there special options in the matplotlib rc file required?

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) on win32.
This is the IEP interpreterType "help" for help, type "?" for a list of *magic*
commands.
>>> [executing "firms.py"]
c:\programs\python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib-0.99.1-py2.5-win32.egg\matplot
lib\rcsetup.py:117: UserWarning: rcParams key "numerix" is obsolete and has no e
ffect;
 please delete it from your matplotlibrc file
  warnings.warn('rcParams key "numerix" is obsolete and has no effect;\n'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Josef/eclipsegworkspace/openecon/pyecon/pyecon/micro/firms.py", line
551, in <module>
    f1.plot()
  File "C:/Josef/eclipsegworkspace/openecon/pyecon/pyecon/micro/firms.py", line
300, in plot
    pl.plot()
  File "C:/Josef/eclipsegworkspace/openecon/pyecon/pyecon/micro/firms.py", line
437, in plot
    plt.figure()
  File "C:\Programs\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib-0.99.1-py2.5-win32.egg
\matplotlib\pyplot.py", line 254, in figure
    # do not solve using profit_function as difficulties with numerical
  File "C:\Programs\Python25\lib\site-packages\matplotlib-0.99.1-py2.5-win32.egg
\matplotlib\backends\backend_tkagg.py", line 90, in new_figure_manager
    __call__ returns function values, i.e. total cost
  File "C:\Programs\Python25\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1631, in __init__
    baseName = os.path.basename(sys.argv[0])
IndexError: list index out of range

Josef