[SciPy-User] Datasets in Scipy Code

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat Aug 14 18:05:53 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:31:27PM +0200, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> > Yeah, I think what we have in statsmodels is about as far as it's
> > gotten.  I rewrote a lot of the code and David's NEP at the beginning
> > of the summer based on our needs to keep it maintanable and flexible.
> > There is also an incarnation in scikits-learn with a few differences,
> > but we tried to keep them similar.
> Comparing with Learn at:
> http://scikit-learn.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=scikit-learn/scikit-learn;a=tree;f=scikits/learn/datasets
> You have increase the variety.

Yeah, maybe we need to loop back again. I am not happy with our current
implementation in scikit learn. It is a bit messy. We had a common
discussion a while ago to make sure that we were on the same track, and I
think that we both found some snags in the implementation, that we both
solved in different ways :).

Gaël