[SciPy-User] How to link against custom BLAS?

John Reid j.reid at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 09:18:53 EDT 2010

Perhaps I can put this another way.

If I have a library libmyblasimplementation.so in directory
/the/directory/where/I/store/my/libraries, what do I put in my site.cfg
to get numpy and scipy to use it? I've been told the scipy build
documentation isn't the best place to find this out.

Also, can I share my site.cfg between numpy and scipy?

Am I right in thinking that whatever I put in the numpy site.cfg is
copied into the installation /usr/lib/python2.5/numpy/... somewhere and
when I come to build scipy, these values are used?

I'm on Ubuntu and OpenSuse.

Thanks,
John.