[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] memory blowout in my script with mutiple iterations

ninjasmith henrylindsaysmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:22:01 EDT 2009

hi, my first post here, hope this is the right place for this kind of
question as I'm sure there must be a fairly simple answer to this.

I have a script that is iterating a whole bunch of wav files.  reading them
into an array in turn performing some lpc analysis on them and saving a
bunch of specgrams and different wav generated from them.  as my script
iterates through the files the python memeory usage creeps up and up until
the machine starts paging.

I've been through the script and del'ed all the major objects I create but
this doesn't seem to make any difference.

any thoughts on how to tackle this proble