[SciPy-User] interpolation question

Oosthoek, J.H.P. (Jelmer) jelmer.oosthoek at tno.nl
Wed Sep 23 08:40:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

Is it possible using scipy to fill the gaps in one list using another list?

I have two lists, one with time values and one with meter values. Both lists are the same length and their indexes are linked (timelist[i] and depthlist[i] belong to the same location). The timevalue list has gaps (nodata values).

The shape of both lists is very similar. What I would like to do is to use the depthlist shape to fill in the gaps of the timelist. Is there a method within scipy which does the trick? I first tried simple regression but that didn't result in a smooth line. I would like to be able to use the values bordering each gap as control points.

Thanks in advance,

Jelmer Oosthoek
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html