[SciPy-User] idiom for iterators, expr(T) if isscalar(T) else array([expr(t) for t in T])

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:31:55 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 08:13, denis <denis-bz-gg at t-online.de> wrote:
> On Oct 16, 9:17 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Using StackOverflow itself would
>> have more permanence until the scipy.org site is ready.
>
> How about stackoverflow for daily questions,
> and advice.mechanicalkern / a corner of scipy for microtutorials, 1-2
> pages,
> starting with an a "wanted: microtutorials on ..." page for requests ?
>
> Or, just leave the field to stackoverflow ?
> There's an expert discussion on Scipy Doc Project / scipy foundation
> 31 July
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/11384

That was precisely the discussion that led me to put up
advice.mechanicalkern.com. The point of that conversation was that the
StackOverflow concept was a good one, not that the StackOverflow site
itself is better place than using a clone for just for the scientific
Python community. The problem with using StackOverflow itself for our
purposes is that it there is no single tag that can be used to
consolidate the relevant questions. I think we would benefit from a
more tightly focused community.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."