[SciPy-User] Problem with combining Fsolve and Integrate.Odeint

Peter Cimermančič peter.cimermancic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 22:47:06 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm trying to model system that is described with few ODEs. Function, where
ODEs are in, is given as def function(y,t). It takes two arguments as you
can see. y is an array of different species in the model, whereas t is an
array of time steps. Then, I'd like to calculate steady state using fsolve,
which takes function with one argument only. When trying to solve steady
state, this error is raised: "TypeError: There is a mismatch between the
input and output shape of diff_equations.". How could I solve my problem?

Thank you in advance,

Peter