[SciPy-User] Mean arrivals per time unit -> Time between consecutive arrivals

nicky van foreest vanforeest at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:54:28 EST 2009

Hi Ram,

YOu should take the interarrival time between two consecutive arrivals
to be exponentially distributed with rate lambda, where lambda is the
arrival rate. LIke this the number of arrivals in a fixed period is
Poisson distributed. I never tried, but I suppose scipy contains a
module to generate exponentially distributed rv's.

Nicky