[SciPy-User] Use of MPI in extension modules

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 11 17:48:11 EST 2009

On 11/11/2009 05:16 PM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> If you only get rank 0 reported, it means you spawned just one process.
> That could happen if you forget to specify how many processes you want
> in the call to mpiexec.

I get rank 0 reported in each of the spawned processes, which is caused
by each one calling MPI_Init() as if it was the only process.
What I need to know is precisely how to call MPI_Init(), i.e. what to
arguments to pass (either from sys.argv, or some other list where this
gets stored when ipython invokes iengine).

Thanks,
         Stefan