[SciPy-user] scipy.interpolate spline class names

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri May 22 20:24:58 EDT 2009

Fri, 22 May 2009 19:22:14 -0400, josef.pktd wrote:
[clip]
> There is also still the open question how we get the information of the
> docstrings in class.__init__ into the sphinx docs.

The Numpy docstring standard dictated that the __init__ method should be
documented in the main class docstring.

I don't personally like this very much. Maybe we need to revise this?

Anyway, the Sphinx dev version contains an improved version of
autosummary that has features that could be used to address this.

   ***

So I'd suggest currently just making a separate hand-written page for the
interpolation class docs, making appropriate use of the autoclass:: and
automethod:: directives.

The main documentation page interpolate.rst could then contain the
corresponding autosummary directives without the :toctree: argument.

--
Pauli Virtanen