[SciPy-user] 'from scipy import linalg' fails

Klubok, Igor Igor.Klubok at sac.com
Fri May 8 13:15:40 EDT 2009

Hi David,

I am installing scipy for quant researchers and do need the most optimized version of blas there is. Therefore, I chose ATLAS.

ATLAS offers an example of ATLAS/lapack combination on Red Hat.
I follow every step of the way exactly as it's stated in the atlas_install.pdf document.

I still run into the issue of "undefined symbol: srotmg_"

I am wondering if the version of gcc 3.2.3 has anything to do with it.

What details do I need to provide here for analysis?

Thank you,
Igor