[SciPy-user] 1.3.0b1 howto test

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 05:47:08 EDT 2009

> 2009/3/23 Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi>
>
> Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:31:54 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> [clip]
> > Yes, it should. Actually, the whole installation documentation would
> > greatly benefit from a significant overhaul. No-one has stepped up to do
> > this, though,
>
> Actually, there *is* some work done on the installation documentation:
>
>        http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/user/install.rst/
>
> but it's unfinished.

Yes. I got started with the intention of getting something useful into
1.3, but have been far too busy the last few weeks. There are probably
some inaccuracies.

My idea is to have a basic outline of install instructions and import
the detail for main platforms from the current SciPy Wiki pages into
separate sections in the docs. Please feel free to add comments or
corrections in the docwiki.

Cheers,
Scott