[SciPy-user] Eigenvalues of the Floquet matrix

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:02:08 EDT 2009

Nils, I don't understand:

>>> python pest_test2.py
>>> /home/nwagner/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/Pyrex/Compiler/Errors.py:17:
>>
> That is only a DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message
> has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
>
> The bug follows at the end of my previous message:
>
>   File "/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/Points.py",
> line 124, in __init__
>     datalist.append(coorddict[c][0])
> IndexError: invalid index to scalar variable.

>From a previous email I sent:

> python -i pest_test2.py

[SNIP]

File "/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/MProject.py",
line 1209, in Rhs
   return self.model.Rhs(t, xdict, pdict)

[SNIP]

> line 124, in __init__
>     datalist.append(coorddict[c][0])
> IndexError: invalid index to scalar variable.

Looks like the RHS function isn't working. Could you run this script
in pdb or a debugger, or at least put in some print statements here to
show me what t, xdict and pdict are when Rhs is called. And then,
inside Points, what coorddict and c are? This might be another Python
2.6 issue because there is some funky magic used to create some class
methods dynamically.