[SciPy-user] python windows set up

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Mar 16 16:33:52 EDT 2009

As a general rue of thumbs, go for pythonxy or EPD. Don't install stuff
yourself, unless you like to learn things. There are soo many steps you
can get wrong. Beside it takes too much time to go around and download
all the packages :P.

I bet she is having difficulties with Vista. Vista sometimes gives weird
errors, and I don't know how to fix them. Some people are using all this
jazz successfully under Vista, so it works for some ;|.

Gaël