[SciPy-user] Eigenvalues of the Floquet matrix

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:19:59 EDT 2009

> It could be just that the VODE integrator is not having its absolute
> and relative tolerances set small enough (I'm not sure what these are
> by default for VODE but I'm using values for Radau down near 1e-12). I
> am also integrating with smaller maximum step size (0.001).

FYI it doesn't look like that is it. The default tolerances I see at
the python level for VODE are rtol=1e-6 and atol=1e-12, which should
be enough. It's most likely to be the more efficient way that Radau
solves the matrix inversions, which are probably tailored for implicit
ODEs of this kind.
-Rob