[SciPy-user] Scikits or not scikits...

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 16:50:38 EST 2009

All,
What are the requirements for a scikits, not so much in terms of
implementation than in terms of contents ?
Over the last couple of years, I have developed a collection of
utilities to manipulate environmental time series (such as computing
potential evapotranspiration, plotting flow-duration curves, adding
climate information and so forth) that I'd like to share w/ the
community. These utilities are based on out scikits.timeseries
package, and were developed using the scikits structure.
There's a preversion  here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pierregm/scipy/climpy/files
(The whole package has since been reorganized w/ docs and adapted to
the latest version of timeseries).

Bzr oesn't play nice w/ Eclipse and I'm considering dropping it. I was
wondering whether it'd be OK to make these modules an official part of
the scikits or not.

Waiting for your comments,
P.