[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries: how to exclude year from plots?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:03:37 EST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Timmie wrote:

> Hello,
> when plotting a timeseries from a long-term year [1] on, for
> example, monthly
> frequency, the data is independant of the year.
>
> How can I exclude the year figure from being plotted on the x-axis?

Timmie,
I'm afraid it si not currently possible w/ timeseries. I'll try to see
what we can do.
Meanwhile, if you don't need the interactive ticks that tsfigure
provides, don't use it: just plot your (12,) monthly or (365,) daily
series using the standard commands of matplotlib, and set the ticks
yourself. That should be straightforward w/ a monthly series, that
might be a bit trickier w/ a daily series (ticks should be placed at
0, 31, 60, 91, 121...)