[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries : how would I plot (orcalculate)monthly statistics.

Timmie timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Mar 4 16:43:35 EST 2009

> Original data is on an approximately two week frequency. I'll be reading them
in as daily values and
> converting to monthly.
It would be helpful if you could create an example maybe using random data.

> > If you have a monthly frequency: just use .convert('A') and compute
> > the stats for each column.
>
> Wouldn't this convert it to an Annual frequency, ie one value per year?
Yes, I though this is what you wanted.

If not maybe you want to take a look at:
scikits.timeseries.extrax.convert_to_annual(series)

in
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/scipy/timeseries/annotate/head%3A/scikits/timeseries//extras.py

This will align the years. Then you can create an average over the years.

Greetings,
Timmie