[SciPy-user] SciPy cubic interpolation coefficients

Celvin read.beyond.data at gmx.net
Sun Jun 21 13:59:01 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently porting some old FORTRAN code over to Python.
The code makes heavy use of cubic spline coefficients obtained by
interpolating a given signal.

Now, while I know that I can obtain coefficients using
scipy.signal.cspline1d or scipy.interpolate.splrep, all I get is an
1-d array.

I'd like to know how to obtain coefficient arrays a, b, c and d to
be able to use the familiar cubic polynomial a[i]*x*x*x + b[i]*x*x +
c[i]*x + d[i]. I know how to evaluate the resulting spline, but I
actually need those coefficients for several calculations.

Any insights on how to do this using SciPy?

Regards,
Celvin