[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries module installation

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:37:48 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Alec Koumjian<aleck at marlboro.edu> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm looking for a little installation support for the
> scikits.timeseries module.  The machine is running Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04.
>  The module appears to have successfully installed to the following
> directory:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/scikits.timeseries-0.91.1-py2.6-linux-i686.egg

I can't remember whether I had to do this manually for the timeseries
scikit on Jaunty, but is the scikits directory in your python path?
To check you can

import sys
sys.path

Mine has an entry
'/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/scikits.timeseries-0.91.1-py2.6-linux-i686.egg',

If not, you can append to this list as a session fix, but if you want
it to always be in your path you should be able to follow the
instructions here <http://iraniweb.com/blog/?p=23> or add this line to
your .bashrc

export PYTHONPATH="/path/to/ts"