[SciPy-user] retrieve indexes of 2D array element

Robert Robert robertrobert93 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 04:03:05 EDT 2009

Hi,
I've seen this function where, but it requires three inputs and I have no clue how to use it. Is it possible to give me an example. E.g I have an array as

a = [ [1,2,3],
        [4,5,6],
        [7,8,9] ]

and I would like to retrieve the indexes of values 9 which are 2, 2.
How do I do that with scipy.where ?
Thanks,
robert