[SciPy-user] scipy & climate data [Re: SciPy and GUI]

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Jan 26 18:18:59 EST 2009

> I'm working with environmental/climate measurement data too. I also
> work with hydrodynamic models and comparing results from these to
> measurement data.

> The measurement data is mainly water quality parameters (Salinity,
> Temperature, Depth, D.O etc). Our group collects data in various bays
> and estuaries in Texas and the last couple of years I've been
> spearheading an effort to make the way data from the field
> instruments (collected by us and by other agencies for us) is QA/QC'd
> and archived in a more systematic and reproducible manner. Original
> procedures involved lots of manual editing and file mangling with
> excel with no record of what had been done & why.

Pierre GM sent me a link to his work off list.
Your work seem to be in the same area of interest. Link up with him.
Please see here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~pierregm/scipy/climpy
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pierregm/scipy/climpy/annotate/head%3A/scikits/climpy/doc/source/examples/examples.rst

Regards,