[SciPy-user] pythonxy and Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu 8.10 packages

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Fri Feb 13 12:50:39 EST 2009

Askey Scott A Capt AFIT/ENY wrote:

> If I want to run pythonxy under linux is reverting form my current
> ubuntu  8.10 to 8.04 my only option?
>
> How does pythonxy linux compare to pythonxy windows in terms of UI/IDE
>  and modernity of the components?

Out of curiosity, what is it from pythonxy that would make you want it
rather than the stock packages? Or are you just thinking of it as a
quick way to get latest version of the various packages onto your
machine? (I do understand the issue that Ubuntu lags
numpy/scipy/matplotlib releases quite a bit.)

-Andrew