[SciPy-user] stupid array tricks

Young, Karl karl.young at ucsf.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:03:45 EST 2009

Thanks Stefan ! The index meister comes through again. I was sort of thinking along those lines but couldn't quite take the final step of understanding how to get the row coordinates for arbitrary filter locations. BTW, I should send you the latest version of my modification of glcom; the "profiling" that showed this part of my code to be the current bottleneck was the result of the generalized glcom (arbitrary number of co-registered images and arbitrary templates) being so fast at generating the co-occurrence matrices (for others on the list, Stefan wrote a very nice ctypes module, glcom, that generates co-occurrence matrices from an image for doing texture analysis).

Karl Young
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Disease, UCSF
VA Medical Center, MRS Unit (114M)
Phone:  (415) 221-4810 x3114
FAX:    (415) 668-2864
Email:  karl young at ucsf edu