[SciPy-User] Functional nonlinear equation

Lou Pecora lou_boog2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 10:21:22 EST 2009

From: Dorian <wizzard028wise at gmail.com>
To: SciPy Users List <scipy-user at scipy.org>
Sent: Sun, December 27, 2009 9:35:28 AM
Subject: Re: [SciPy-User] Functional nonlinear equation

Is there any way to solve it in the functional form ?
I do not have "mathematica" to do it.
Thanks for the plot suggestion.

Dorian

I assume , x,y,a are real variables.  I would try using a contour plotting program. There is probably something like that already available in matplotlib. You would evaluate f(x,y) on a grid of (x,y) values and the contouring program will perform an efficient search for the points in the x,y plane where f = <any constant>.