[SciPy-User] [ANN] OpenOpt 0.27 (optimization), FuncDesigner 0.17 (auto differentiation)

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:01:01 EST 2009

Dmitrey wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm glad to inform you about release of     OpenOpt 0.27 (universal
> numerical optimization framework),     FuncDesigner 0.17 (CAS with
> automatic differentiation, convenient modelling of linear/nonlinear
> functions, can use convenient modelling for some OpenOpt optimization
> problems and systems of linear/nonlinear equations, possibly sparse or
> overdetermined),     DerApproximator 0.17 (finite-differences derivatives
> approximation, get or check user-supplied).
>

>     license: BSD
>

> See also     Changelog for details:
>

> http://openopt.org/Changelog
>
> Regards, D.

This was also announced on pypi, but it doesn't work:

sudo easy_install FuncDesigner
Searching for FuncDesigner
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/FuncDesigner/
Reading http://openopt.org
No local packages or download links found for FuncDesigner
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('FuncDesigner')