[SciPy-User] BSD licensed two point boundary value problem solver scikit released

John Salvatier jsalvati at u.washington.edu
Sun Dec 6 04:32:50 EST 2009

Hello all,

I have put together sckitkis.bvp_solver which wraps a fortran boundary value
problem solver compatible with the BSD license. I feel the package is
basically complete and well developed, so I am releasing a beta version (on
pypi) for the community to try. The solver is based on a modified BVP_SOLVER
(http://cs.smu.ca/~muir/BVP_SOLVER_Webpage.shtml) that uses LAMPAK instead
of COLROW and thus is compatible with the BSD license.

If you are interested in solving boundary value problems numerically, please
try the package and give me feedback so the package can be improved. There
is a well developed tutorial and several examples at
http://packages.python.org/scikits.bvp_solver/ . Please inform me if you
encounter any difficulty.

Best Regards,
John Salvatier