[SciPy-User] SciPy09 Video page direct links

David Warde-Farley dwf at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Aug 27 23:04:47 EDT 2009

On 27-Aug-09, at 8:43 PM, John Hunter wrote:

> Hey this is great - - the relevant sections of the scipy website are
> written in ReST, I believe, so what would be most helpful would be a
> ReST document that has the content you submitted in html.

They aren't, yet -- they're written in whatever awful wiki dialect
Moin uses. Though that will be changing shortly.

I've put off announcing it to the list, but myself and a few others
have been slowly converting all the useful (non-spam and non-personal
page) content on the wiki to ReST, with the goal of moving the
SciPy.org main page off of moin and onto Sphinx, and the Cookbook into
pydocweb. You can take a look at the progress at http://github.com/dwf/rescued-scipy-wiki/

We'll certainly leave the current wiki intact for the time being, and
there may be a fresh wiki instance (with CAPTCHAs to prevent the
downward spiral we've seen within the current Moin instance) set up
afterward, but it seems like the face of the community to the world
ought to be one that is less of a mess, easily maintainable, and with
comparatively little opportunity for vandalism.

David