[SciPy-User] Usage of scipy.signal.resample

markus.proeller at ifm.com markus.proeller at ifm.com
Thu Aug 27 04:13:09 EDT 2009

Hello David and Ivo,

thank you very much for your detailed help. I do have a ramp like signal,
that I want to compress. Thats why I wanted to use the resample function
to generate same interim values. It is decompressed by linear
interpolation, so I think the best approach is to generate the interim
values by linear interpolation as well. The downsample ratio is not an
integer value.
To be honest I just used the resample function because it was just a
function call, were I could enter the amount of interim values. I didn't
take care of aliasing and filtering.
I have another question to David, if I had an integer value for the
downsampling rate, for instance the ramp function from 0 to 10 and take
let's say every second sample, so I got 0,2,4,8,10, where do I have my
aliasing here? Because I can reconstruct my original array by simple
linear interpolation.

Markus