[SciPy-User] Problem importing weave

Kristian Hans Sandberg Kristian.Sandberg at Colorado.EDU
Tue Aug 18 21:12:08 EDT 2009

When I do

from scipy import weave

on my Mandriva 2009.1 (64-bit) installation, I get the error

DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/lib64/python2.6/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

I can see that the config directory is indeed missing. I've installed both the numpy and numpy-devel packages, and numpy and scipy works without any problems except for that I cannot import weave.

Where should the config directory come from?

Thanks!
Kristian

Kristian Sandberg, Ph.D.

 Dept. of Applied Mathematics and
 The Boulder Laboratory for 3-D Electron Microscopy of Cells
 University of Colorado at Boulder
 Campus Box 526
 Boulder, CO 80309-0526, USA

 Phone: (303) 492 0593 (work)