[SciPy-User] Some updates on the tutorial test scripts and versions of tools needed

Jochen cycomanic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:02:06 EDT 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:17:12 -0700
Tom Kuiper <kuiper at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Fernando Perez wrote:
> > here are some notes regarding the tutorial requirements.  I am
> > sending this to all of you, though some of it may only apply to
> > those attending the advanced track.
> >
> > - If you had troubles with the testing scripts, please note that
> > I've fixed a few small issues.  The current versions are (intro,
> > advanced and pycuda-specific):
> >
> >   https://cirl.berkeley.edu/fperez/tmp/intro_tut_checklist.py
> >   https://cirl.berkeley.edu/fperez/tmp/adv_tut_checklist.py
> >   https://cirl.berkeley.edu/fperez/tmp/pycuda_tut_checklist.py

> The stable Debian version of cython is 0.9.8.  I just downloaded it.
>
> "AssertionError: Cython version (0, 9, 8) found, at least (0, 11, 2)
> required"
>
> It seems that 0.11.2 is in the unstable Debian distribution.  Can
> someone suggest how to get that package without having to upgrade to
> unstable?

Hi Tom,

you could try to pin to the cython package from unstable. However you
might need to pull in quite a few dependencies from unstable. Have a
look at the debian apt howto:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html#contents
specifically sections
3.8 How to keep a mixed system
and
3.10 How to keep specific versions of packages installed (complex)

Cheers
Jochen